Zach Bryan has officially announced his separation from Brianna Chickenfry following her posting of an enigmatic message.
The country musician and the podcast host publicly acknowledged their relationship in July 2023.
Zach Bryan and Brianna "Chickenfry" LaPaglia have ended their relationship. After publicly announcing their romance in July 2023, the country artist took to Instagram to confirm that he and the social media influencer have parted ways.
"To address a matter: Brianna and I have decided to break up, and I hold deep respect and love for her with all my heart. She has shown me unconditional love for a long time, and for that, I will always be grateful," Bryan shared on his Instagram Stories on Tuesday, October 22.
"I have faced an incredibly challenging year personally and have dealt with some significant issues. I believed it would be in the best interest of both of us to pursue separate paths," he added. "I acknowledge my imperfections and will always be a work in progress. I kindly ask for respect regarding Brianna's privacy and, if possible, mine as well."
Bryan concluded with, "To everyone I may have disappointed, I sincerely apologize. I strive to give my best in all endeavors. I recognize that I have let down those who care for me, and most importantly, myself."
Following Bryan's post, LaPaglia appeared to react on her Instagram Stories, expressing that she felt "blindsided."
"I will be stepping away from social media for a time to focus on healing privately. When I am prepared, I will return and engage in conversation," she stated. "I deeply appreciate all of your supportive messages. Please remember that you are cherished, and everything will ultimately be alright."
LaPaglia recently fueled speculation regarding a potential breakup by sharing an enigmatic message on her Instagram account just a day prior. The post included an image of a yellow notebook page, which displayed a handwritten note at the top and a stick figure illustration at the bottom.
The note commenced with the words, "And eventually you'll find that life goes on, even if you don't want it to." It continued, "The days will pass and the world will move while you ask it to stop. You'll believe life is cruel for continuing on while your feet are stuck."
The message further elaborated, "You'll find people and moments to blame for your concrete feet. Then there will come a morning when you wake and realize things go on, life isn't cruel. Your feet are. The world keeps on spinning in hopes of showing you that you can as well."
LaPaglia has been candid about her relationship with Bryan in the months that ensued, culminating in their first public appearance as a couple at the 2024 Grammy Awards. She also spoke about the negativity she has encountered since revealing their romance.
"However, I have come to understand that one cannot invest in love—or hate—found online," she shared with PEOPLE during the Streamy Awards in August 2023. "You simply need to be true to yourself and see where that journey leads."
LaPaglia and Bryan marked their one-year anniversary on July 14, 2024. On this occasion, Bryan expressed his affection through a heartfelt Instagram post celebrating their milestone.
"Here’s to a year together. Happy anniversary and I love you so much Brianna," he wrote. "You are truly one of the few people who brings me joy and laughter consistently. I am proud to call you my girl."
In response, LaPaglia shared her own message, stating, "A year filled with a depth of love I never thought possible and laughter that has surpassed any previous year. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you. My person forever. I love you, my Zachary."
